T Ball (league ages 4-6)
At this level, the league de-emphasizes competitiveness, and focuses mainly on the development of fundamental softball skills. Much of the season will be dedicated to learning the rules of softball and the fundamentals of fielding, throwing, and hitting while having a great time!
- Players can expect to play 1-2 years at T-Ball
- Players must be at least League Age 4
- Teams will practice one night during the week and play one game on the weekend
Farm A (league ages 6-8)
Designed for girls who are 6-8 years old with limited or no experience. This division is a purely instructional division and focuses on basic skills and rules.
- Players can expect to play 1-2 years at A
- Coach pitch
** TLLS does not always have a team at this level, it will depend on the skill level and number of girls registered each year
Farm AA (league ages 7-9)
Farm AA is designed for players who are 7-9 years old. More traditional rules are used at this level and child pitching is introduced from 32 feet. After the 4th ball is thrown during child pitch, the coach will pitch.
- Players can expect to play 2-3 years at AA
- All players league age 8 and over must attend assessments
- Some players league age 9 who are drafted based on ability will advance to AAA
- Occasionally players league age 8 might advance to AAA based on ability-Parental consent is required
Minors AAA (league ages 9-11)
This Division is designed for 9-11 year old players. This is the first level of softball with a draft where players are chosen by the coaches in a player draft. Players pitch from 35 feet and there is no coach pitch at this level.
- Players can expect to play 2-3 years at AAA
- AAA teams are formed by draft
- All players must attend assessments
- Any 11-year-olds not selected in the Majors draft will be drafted into AAA
- Some players league age 9 year will be drafted based on ability
Majors (league ages 11-12)
This Division is designed for 11-12 years old players. Players pitch from 40 feet and the game becomes very competitive at this level as all standard softball rules apply.
- Players can expect to play 1-2 years at Majors
- Majors teams are formed by draft
- Players league age 11 and 12 will be considered for this level
- Players league age 10 with prior experience may be drafted into Majors based on ability-Parental consent is required
Juniors (league ages 13-16)
- Players can expect to play up to 2 years at Juniors
- Players league age 13-16 will be considered for this level
Softball League Age
All ages mentioned refer to the child's physical age on 12/31 of the calendar year preceding the playing year. The age chart can be found under the Document Tab of our website.